Friday, May 6, 2011

Information on the Springwells / Delray Area in Detroit?


Information on the Springwells / Delray Area in Detroit?
I'm looking for information on housing, school systems, demographics etc. in Detroit, Michigan. Specifically around Central Avenue and DIX Street. From what I've heard, its impoverished and unsafe. I'm now looking for peoples' more personal experiences with this. What was it like growing up / raising kids there? How do you think you could have benefitted from being in another part of the country? I'm curious because I was born there and placed for adoption when I was one year old. I now live in NYC, but I'm curious as to what my life would have been like. If there's anything you feel is important to add that I didn't think to ask, please do! Thanks everyone.
Detroit - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
l


2
Mary, Much of this depends on your age as that the are changed. I grew up in the central/Dix/Vernor area, in the sixities and seventies. I attended a catholic school ST. Gabes, both myself and my wife graduated from Redeemer H.S. The public schools at this time were what you made of it, many of my friends went to college from both schools. This area of SW Detroit is basically a community within Detroit, which no matter which block people felt a sence of community. This changed as the area became more poorer and people moved however thhere to this day remainds a sence of community. The area now is mostly Mexican and Latin many resturants but also more crime drugs ect. for you i think you would of made friends with people who had many extended family members from commnity, you would of met many people fro various backgrounds employment ranges, you would of experienced the changes of this area. I would like to tell you more but I need some time references. I also hope all is well I have fiends that were adopted and have especially worked on staying close in there adult life, you woderment is normal. Have you had any ontact with your natural Parents? I would ask about a typical day, school church, transportation size of homes commerece, colleges and what a similier female would o accomplished. also google church names to get a history. Warmly Jon Luc

Popular Posts