Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can you help me make a catchy opening?


Can you help me make a catchy opening?
Im trying to get in to Cass Technical High School in Michigan. In order to do so you must right a 1-2 page essay on why you would like to be in their school. I want to create a opening that will knock there socks off but i need a littler Help any ideas.Please help me there aren't many good schools in detroit im trying to make it out the hood.
Homework Help - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Since u want to make it out of the hood, why don't u start there. But I mean u can start out with a story, something bad or shocking u have seen or experienced, and then from there say how this school would be ur ticket out.


2
Well I applaud you on wanting to better yourself. I wish you the best luck in your travels. I have found that personal stories at the beginning really get an audience listening. I will just give an excerpt from an essay in a college english class which left me crying. "I haven't always had the best things in life. My father was arrested when I was six because he sold drugs to an uncover officer. He did this because he was trying to make money to put food on the table for his 2 children. My brother was shot and killed when I was sixteen because he ran from the police trying to serve a drug-related warrant. Those life lessons in my life taught me that drugs will never get you anywhere. Mostly though, I am grateful I was given up for adoption by my mother so I could be here in this room today. I am here to ensure that none of my future families will ever have to sell drugs to support their families." You could start off my saying that you haven't always had the best things and that Cass Technical High School would allow you to become a better person and contribute positively to society. Something like that. If you need more help, just e-mail me: sexisoftballchick92@yahoo.com

Popular Posts