Saturday, June 18, 2011

How long would it take me to earn a ph.D in dietetics and nutrition?


How long would it take me to earn a ph.D in dietetics and nutrition?
I'm a junior in high school right now. I plan on majoring in dietetics in order to become a dietitian and I will probably attend Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. After becoming RD certified, I am not sure whether or not I want to pursue a graduate degree. How long would it take to earn a master's or ph.D in dietetics? And will the extra education be worth it in the long run?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
A Master's degree usually takes one or two years after a BS. There is no set time limit for a PhD. Very few people do it in less than four years after a bachelor's degree -- and some take seven or eight years. PhD students usually take three years of classes, take a written exam at the end of the second year & an oral exam at the end of the third. Then they start writing a dissertation. I started mine in my third year & took 18 months to finish it. I know people who took years. Once the dissertation is done, your committee has to sign off on it. This is usually done at the Dissertation Defense.

Popular Posts