Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Should I move to Detroit?


Should I move to Detroit?
I am interested in moving to Detroit, Michigan after I finish college. I am interested for four reasons; 1. Detroit has an excellent job market and Michigan has a good economy with good paying jobs. 2. Detroit has excellent mass transportation with an excellent light rail train system. 3. Detroit has an excellent public school system and is one of the best schools systems in the country. 4. Detroit has a low crime rate and is considered as one of the safest cities in America. What are some other good reasons I should consider moving to Detroit? Also, what are the advantages of moving to Detroit. P.S.: I want to live in the City of Detroit and not the metropolitan area.
Detroit - 18 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I don't know where you got your info but 3 out of 4 are wrong. Michigan's economy is hurting, crime is rampant and the Detroit school system is among the nations worst


2
I really hope your being cleverly facetious


3
I have been to Detroit....from my experience, I would not move there!! But that's my opinion. You asked, here's my answer - NO!


4
seriously? I live in the outskirts, detroit has gotten a lot better then it used to be but it still isnt the best place. What type of job? 1.There isnt a market for jobs. If your a teacher you have no chance what so ever. 2. The transportation isnt great and its really dirty. 3. Schools are being shut down left and right. 4. Low crime rate... really???? I don't think so. Get used to hearing sirens daily. I can send you a list of things that have gone down while i was in detroit.


5
ROFLMBO where in the world did you read these things about Detroit? hon, stay in College and learn how to read and decipher news correctly


6
Hes being sarcastic, lol. People that are taking him seriously are making me laugh.


7
Thats some funny $h!+ dude!!!!!!!!!


8
Yeah you should move to Detroit, Chicago has enough trolls.


9
I am wondering who told you these lies? After all, none of what you have posted is true. As a former Metropolitan Detroiter, I would suggest you not to move to Detroit and here is why; 1. Detroit has a horrible economy and Michigan has one of the worst economies in the country. 2. I lived in Metropolitan Detroit for over 20 years and I can tell you right now that Detroit does not have a light rail train system. Since you are a Charlotte Knights fan, I can assume you are from Charlotte, NC or the Charlotte Metropolitan Area and you are thinking that Detroit has a CATS Light Rail System. Detroit does not have any kind of commuter train system and I do not see one coming to Detroit any time soon. 3. Detroit does not have an excellent school system and is one of the worst in the country. In 2007, they closed down many schools because of low attendance and poor class performance. 4. Detroit has a extraordinarily high crime rate. It is in the top ten most dangerous city in the United States and the most dangerous in the State of Michigan. I am assuming that you are from the Charlotte Area and my advice to you is to stay in Charlotte. I was once considering a move there and Charlotte is a city that is growing and developing into a World Class City. Detroit is not growing and most people who live there are not happy with how life is in Detroit.


10
Ummm...you are being sarcastic right??? I mean...I honestly don't mind Detroit all that much and go up there frequently...but yeah...you'd have to be smoking something to be coming up with all of your reasons.


11
reall smart asss aren't you?


12
Not funny, The white sox suck and are in last place, even behind the Royals. The reason they suck is because their minor league system is abissmal enjoy the knights.


13
LOL Flintguy and G Detroit, I agree! and WTF Mr. Knowledgeable? Yes, move to Detroit. You better get a spot while the getting is good. When Detroit becomes the Paris of the Midwest again (as time repeats itself), people and jobs with money will want to barge in and there will be no room or demand for them


14
OK where to begin,, When the Governor Ghamlohm said you will be blown away,,, I was blown away out of the state of Michigan for these reasons, The city of Detroit Is the worst city in the state,,the city is in the red so bad that it would take 100 years to make a profit The DPS schools are the worst in the country. the dropout rate is over 70%. (5years ago I don't have newer figures ) The public transportaion sysem , what is that? Sure there are city buses that are always late, the drivers do not know how to drive, Wanye County Sheiffs ride the buses becuase of the crime on the buses. the lightrail you are thinking is the pepole mover it only goes around downtown for a mile in cirlce. the crime rate are you seroius,, the state and the city just release over 200 crimnails back on the streets due to overcrowding,,(the state wants to close serveal of the prisons down to save money,) Hookers work right across the street form the ballpark,,and there is hooker on every corner, just as the local drug dealers.. the city had laid off over 200 of it finest just before the superbowl and never re-hire any of them. There is more talk of more laid-offs of not only the police but the fire deparment and EMS. the only good thing is that you can buy a house for less 10,000 in the city due to all the home foreclsores,,


15
i heard this joke 5 million times already....come up with some new material buddy


16
The city is aslo know for it's racial harmony, and honest Mayors.


17
wow. Nice one! Funny how u think thats true! I live like 45 minutes away and go there sometimes. IT TERRIBLE and dirty. I know you don't want to move there. And your pretending and being sarcastic about it!


18
Guess you have answered your own question. With all the good things you have brought out it would be impossible to live any place else. good luck. Cheers C

Popular Posts