Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm looking for information on Detroit in the Springwells / Delray area?


I'm looking for information on Detroit in the Springwells / Delray area?
I'm looking for information on housing, school systems, demographics etc. in Detroit, Michigan. Specifically around Central Avenue and DIX Street. From what I've heard, its impoverished and unsafe. I'm now looking for peoples' more personal experiences with this. What was it like growing up / raising kids there? How do you think you could have benefitted from being in another part of the country? I'm curious because I was born there and placed for adoption when I was one year old. I now live in NYC, but I'm curious as to what my life would have been like. If there's anything you feel is important to add that I didn't think to ask, please do! Thanks everyone.
Detroit - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
in the 20's 30's, 40's and 50's it was a hard working lower to middle class decent area in the 60's things changed its hard to say what your life would have been like if you hadnt been put up for adoption more info about Delray http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delray,_Detroit


2
It's a very industrial part of the city. Delray used to be the Hungarian part of the city.

Popular Posts