Friday, June 24, 2011

How can i get any kind of first job, more details inside?


How can i get any kind of first job, more details inside?
I am 18 years old and never had a job because my mom never let me because of school (even though I was doing good) and my safety. I am African American and I have no job experience, there is no longer an afirmative action, and because of the economy it is not many jobs, I have filled out many apps online since gas prices are high and have limited transportation. What jobs besides army jobs should I look into? I live in Detroit, Michigan and right by Dearborn, Michigan.
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Just an idea, but do you have a lawn mower and an edger ? You can do yard work and clean-up for people very cheap. You aren't working anyway. If people see that you have a good work ethic, they often network you in to something. When I ran construction crews, someone was always recommending some young person that was a good worker, willing to learn. Service jobs are those most sought after, because few want to do anything physical. But, a good plumber can make a bomb every year, and so can a good mechanic.


2
try using the Michigan Job Center http://mijobs.onlinecityguides.com

Popular Posts