Saturday, March 12, 2011

I live in Detroit. I want to take a group of school kids fishing?


I live in Detroit. I want to take a group of school kids fishing?
Anybody have thoughts on how you would do this. Most charters/all I could find, are 6 people. Either I find a 20 person fishing boat or fish from shore, but then need to gather 20 poles...This is for SouthEast Michigan, anyone help me brainstorm?
Fishing - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
There are sooooooooo many lakes here in Michigan, I would call some local marina's tell them of the situation, see where that leads you. Generally those fella's know or can lead you to someone who does. OR, I don't know the distance you want to travel, but check out Michigan Lakes on the web, there is so much info there! Also, as for the pole's you may get them donated, check with the local KofC, Lions, whoever you have in your area. It's just for the one time. Once you start checking this out you'll be surprised what you'll find. Most people are happy to help especially 'schools' with the larger # of children. good luck and have fun.


2
call walmart and tell them what and when you are planing to do this and ask them for donations call the nearest marina and tell them your plans and ask if they might know of any body that might help you and call your states dnr and ask them


3
I would say the easiest way for a group of school kids is to find a trout farm or a fish farm. I'm sure there are some in the Detroit area. They will have all the tackle needed for rent. Usually if you have group of school kids they will offer a discount on rental for the tackle. It will be less expensive than a boat, they will have a good chance of catching fish. There is usually several different lakes to fish and some farms have different species in different lakes/ponds. I would say that's the easiest away to go about it.

Popular Posts